Hey everyone, as much as I would love too, this one I can’t take credit for. This cookie recipe is Tanya Burr’s recipe. You can see her video here.
I have tried many cookie recipes over the years and this is by far the best. The cookies are everything a perfect cookie should be, gooey in the middle, crunchy on the outside and overall just bloody delicious. I promise no matter where you go or who you serve them too, these will be a crowd pleaser.
Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- 200g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 egg
- 325g Self Raising Flour / 325 Plain Flour & 4tsp Baking Powder
- Dash of Milk (optional)
- 200g White Chocolate
- 200g Milk Chocolate
Set oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the flour gradually and beat. If the mixture is a little dry add the dash of milk.
- Break your chocolate into pieces – I like to have pretty big chunks but this is personal preference. Mix the chocolate into the dough with your hands and mould the dough into balls.
- You should be able to make 12/14 cookies. Place the dough onto your baking paper lined pan and place in the oven. You should be able to fit 4 cookies on the one pan.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes. DO NOT COOK FOR ANY LONGER. They won’t look done but trust me they are. Keeping them in for this length will give you the perfect cookie that’s crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle.
Note: The bigger you make your cookie the gooier it will be in the middle. As you can probably tell, I love a good gooey cookie.
Bonus note: Why not try adding some of your favourite sweets to mix it up? Swap the white chocolate for m&m’s or dark chocolate. In the pictures of the cookies, i actually used Milka milk chocolate and Hershey’s Cookies and Creme White Chocolate.
Let me know how you get on if you decide to give them a try. For more recipes, have a look here.