This is one recipe you are definitely going to want to try. So easy to make and yet so so tasty. They are great for when you are expecting visitors or as part of a gift or hamper.
Oreo Truffle Recipe:
- 200g Oreos
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 200g baking chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Crush the Oreos. The easiest way to do this is to place them in a ziplock bag and bash them with your rolling pin. Make sure all the air is out of the bag though or it may burst.
- Put the cream cheese in a large bowl and cream it until smooth. Add a splash of vanilla to take the sourness out of the cheese and add some sweetness.
- Add the Oreos to the cheese and mix. (make sure to leave some crushed Oreos for the topping though)
- Once it is mixed thoroughly, take a tsp of the mixture into your hands and roll into a ball. The truffles are very thick and sweet so smaller ones are usually nicer. Plus the smaller they are the more you’ll have to display. Once rolled, place onto baking paper.
- Place the rolled oreo balls into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once they are cooled, melt your chocolate. Using two forks, dip the balls into the chocolate until totally covered. Before placing back onto the baking paper, drain the excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle some of the leftover crushed over on top and leave to set.
- Then enjoy!
Note: To have more of a variation in your display, dip some into white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Instead of sprinkling crushed oreo on top of all of them, try sprinkling different flavour chocolate on top.
If you give these a go make sure to tag me @sliceofciara so I can see them. 🙂 For more delicious recipes check out the food section of my blog.
Happy baking. x